Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts on a New Year

This year, I hope, will be my most productive yet in graduate school. That is I plan to finish graduate school with at least one publication and FINALLY after 7 years of wondering around in search of myself get a real job and start an actual career. Just over a week ago I got married. It feels nice to know that there is a person there who is also committed to our future together. And although we don't know what our future will be like, or even when we'll live in the same country, it's nice to know that we have a strong bond holding us together. It may be old-fashioned, but being married makes me feel more calm and secure. So I'm counting it as a good thing. I hopefully now can focus more fully on my thesis research.
A New Year and lots to be done. No time to waste!

No comments: