1. people stand on the left side of escalators, and walk on the right
2. fancy toilets with heated seats, bidets, and... um...sound effects
3. there is a little melody that accompanies the opening and closing of doors on subway trains
4. malls had pet stores with walls of tiny puppies in plexiglass enclosures
5. many small restaurants had you order food from a vending machine type device that had the food options listed. You pushed a button next to the meal of your choice, paid the money and collected a ticket, which you gave to the waiter inside.
6. no tipping. Not in restaurants, not in taxis.
7. taxi doors are opened and closed by the driver via a lever next to their seat.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Posted by Sasha at 9:20 AM